With Apex Legends Season 6: Boosted nicely underway, Respawn has launched a hotfix replace to deal with a number of the early considerations that gamers have seen. Of be aware, the Devotion is getting a much-needed nerf.
In the patch notes for the hotfix, Respawn writes that the general variety of Devotions and Turbocharger hop-up attachments that spawn on the map are being decreased. The harm from every Devotion bullet can be being lowered from 17 to 16 and the general recoil of the LMG is being elevated.
Respawn notes that “these are quick changes we can make now” and provides that gamers can anticipate “more adjustments to Devotion that take more time to do will come later.”
One of the LMGs that has been out there in Apex Legends since launch, the Devotion was in the end rotated out of the final loot pool and into care packages given how overpowered the weapon was within the in-match meta. It has remained a care package deal weapon for a couple of seasons now, however acquired a couple of changes and switched locations with the R-99 at the beginning of Season 6, placing the Devotion again into the final loot pool and placing the R-99 into care packages.
However, even with some changes, the Devotion remains to be one of many strongest firearms within the recreation, particularly within the palms of Season 6’s new character, Rampart, whose passive capacity permits her to fireplace LMGs longer and reload them sooner and whose tactical capacity amplifies the harm of all firearms. This hotfix ought to handle how overpowered the Devotion is, however it could nonetheless not be sufficient. It’s a very highly effective gun.
The new hotfix replace additionally addresses a couple of troublesome bugs that have been popping up in Apex Legends with the discharge of the brand new season and reduces the variety of gold helmets, backpacks, and knockdown shields that spawn on World’s Edge. You can see all of the adjustments within the patch notes, that are listed under.
Apex Legends August 20 Hotfix Patch Notes
Addresses the next:
- Rampart Amped Wall consumer error in softened gore locales
- Fix a server error inflicting quick disconnects when Rampart places down a wall
- Fix an error precipitated in some situations the place a participant is on Rampart’s turret when it’s destroyed
- Issue round particular Bloodhound pores and skin getting a stretched neck whereas utilizing Rampart turret. We are nonetheless engaged on this situation for Lifeline’s Guardian Angel pores and skin
- Rampart’s “Boom” finisher line from enjoying throughout the map
- Kill stat monitoring for R-99 not displaying correctly
Additionally, we’re publishing a playlist replace later immediately to do the next:
- Reduce Devotion harm [17 -> 16] , and will increase recoil – these are fast adjustments we are able to make now, extra changes to Devotion that take extra time to do will come later.
- Reduce variety of Devotions and Turbochargers spawned
- Reduced variety of gold helms, gold backpacks and gold incap shields
GameSpot might get a fee from retail provides.