Dr. Sanjay Mukherjee – Secretary Cultural Affairs, Government of Maharashtra on the 28th May 2020 organised a Zoom digital assembly with all stake holders in the Entertainment Industry the place the undersigned represented Indian Motion Pictures Producer’s Association (IMPPA). The Producer Guild of India (PGI) was represented by Shri Apoorva Mehta and Smt. Madhu Bhojwani. Western India Film Producer’s Association (WIFPA) was represented by Shri Sangram Shirke and Shri Dharam Mehra. Marathi Chitrapat Mahamandal (MCM) was represented by its President Shri Meghraj Bhosale. Federation of Western India Cine Employess (FWICE) was represented by Shri Ashoke Pandit – Chief Advisor, Shri B N Tiwari – President & Shri Ashok Dubey – Hon Gen Secretary. Shri Aadesh Bandekar was additionally an integral a part of the assembly.
The assembly enabled all the stake holders of the Media and Entertainment Industry to talk about and determine upon the methods and means to work out a SOP to begin the Entertainment Industry with the assist and co-operation of Maharashtra Government authorities. The assembly was very encouraging and there have been lot of helpful conclusions pertaining to the way forward for the Entertainment Industry.
The following factors have been mentioned in the assembly:
- Post Production actions ought to instantly begin in step with all the well being, security and safety norms and tips issued by the Government.
- A correct monetary package deal to be labored out by the State Government to facilitate the Entertainment Industry.
- State Government ought to name for all the Insurance corporations to give you new concepts for designing appropriate insurance policies for the members of the Entertainment Industry to address the COVID-19 illness.
- Premises owned by the State Government needs to be given Free of Cost to the Producers and the Production homes for finishing up shoots together with a facility of Single Window Permission.
- There needs to be No Rentals on the units which might be erected in the Film metropolis that are mendacity unused due to the Lockdown and that after the lockdown is over the premises in the Film metropolis needs to be supplied to the Producers and the Production homes with very backed charges in order to address the losses incurred due to the lockdown. The backed charges shall be relevant until the metropolis regains its normalcy.
- Until the metropolis regains normalcy, there needs to be common intervention and interplay of the Government authorities in the functioning of the Media and Entertainment Industry.
- The SOP’s already submitted by all the stake holders of the Industry shall be reviewed by Dr. Sanjay Mukherjee (Chief Secretary Cultural Affairs) and introduced to the State. He has assured that there have been severe discussions taking place in the State Government pertaining to the resumption of works of the Media and Entertainment Industry.