Sebastian Vettel Denies Racing Point Approach

Spread the love

Sebastian Vettel (Photo Credit: Reuters)

Sebastian Vettel, Sergio Perez and Lance Stroll all denied the rumours that Vettel was approached by Racing Point.

  • AFP Budapest
  • Last Updated: July 17, 2020, 12:12 AM IST

Sebastian Vettel on Thursday rejected claims that he had acquired a contract provide for 2021 from Racing Point, describing German information stories as “just loose talk”.

The four-time world champion instructed a video convention forward of this weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix that he had no information on his future.

Earlier, one of many present Racing Point drivers, Sergio Perez, stated that the rumours had inspired one other group to make him a suggestion.

Perez, Vettel and the second Racing Point driver Lance Stroll all stated they didn’t take the rumours significantly.

ALSO READ | Sergio Perez Says He Has been Approached by rival F1 Team Amid Rumours of Sebastian Vettel Coming at Racing Point

“It’s part of the circus,” stated Stroll.

Vettel has been instructed he’s not wished by Ferrari subsequent yr resulting in frenzied hypothesis, significantly in his native Germany.

“Rumours are called rumours for a reason,” Vettel stated. “I have no news and I have already said that it will take some time before I make a good decision. Everything is open… Driving next year, not driving next year and not driving any more.”

“I’ve been around for a long time in F1 and you never know,” the 33-year-old stated.

“The truth is that there is nothing to announce… Nothing agreed. Just loose talk.”

Perez stated that the discuss had created curiosity from different groups.

ALSO READ | Lewis Hamilton Focussed on Twin Goals of Racing Records and Racial Justice Ahead of Hungarian GP

“During the week, obviously the rumours came out, and we actually got contacted by a team in the paddock — I won’t say names obviously — and also by teams in other categories, which was quite a surprise, because we have a contract for next year here,” the Mexican stated.

He stated he had no intention of leaving the in-form group, which is to be re-branded as Aston Martin in 2021.

Perez signed a three-year deal final season and brings important sponsorship from his Mexican backer Telmex.

‘SILLY SEASON’

“It’s good to have big names linked to the team,” he stated. “That means we are doing a good job and we are making progress.

“The group must be happy with it. I’ve been in Formula One for 10 years and so I’m used to these items.”

Stroll, whose Canadian billionaire father Lawrence is the team owner, could also be under threat from a possible Vettel move.

“It’s all a part of the foolish season rumours and so forth, so form of as anticipated,” Stroll said. “It’s all a part of the enjoyable. We’re trying actually aggressive for the time being so I’m certain there will be lots to speak about.”

Vettel and team-mate Charles Leclerc said they had moved on from last Sunday’s embarrassing opening collision 25 seconds into the Styrian Grand Prix.

“I believe we have put it behind us,” said Leclerc, who added that he had been to blame. “I straight went to speak to Seb after the race to excuse myself.”

Vettel said he was looking forward to doing better in Hungary.

“These are the worst issues that may occur, if two automobiles of the identical color come collectively,” he stated.


Source hyperlink

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *